Due to limited office availability and expansion of coverage for Virtual Visits, we will be offering more available time for virtual visit patients.
This is a rapidly evolving paradigm, and you should contact your insurance provider and our office to inquire regarding coverage and availability. You may contact our scheduling department directly by submitting a request on the Appointments page
Stuart Akerman, MD: Virtual Office Visits
A Virtual Office Visit may be an alternative option to meet with Dr. Akerman and is available to some patients, subject to insurance approval. Patients should contact the office to schedule a virtual visit either via the appointments tab, or by calling 972-265-3406 / 972-265-3379.
Types of visits that may be included:
Follow up visits for patients located a significant distance from our Preston Office - save the travel time!
Follow up visits for patients who may require flexible scheduling due to work hours
Patients providing a clinical update after a recent office visit
Consultations for procedures in patients who are located within Texas, but are located a significant distance from our Preston Office
Pre-operative visits for patients referred from another DHAT provider, who had recently been evaluated by their referring gastroenterologist
Important Information for Virtual Visits - Checking In
1. If you are using a phone, kindly restart the phone before logging in. If you are using a computer, please discontinue any programs running in the background, or completely restart the computer to discontinue any background running processes. This will allow for the best optimization of audio and video.
2. Chrome is the preferred browser; Safari can work as well on iOS / iPhones
3. MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN A PRIVATE AREA WITH A STABLE INTERNET CONNECTION (for example in a room or closed office; not driving in a car, sitting in a cafe, etc)
4. Allow permissions for your browser to use your camera and microphone if prompts (VERY IMPORTANT!)
5. Be ready at your appointment to receive the text message to start your visit
6. Click the link in the message
7. Click "Connect to Session"
8. Start your visit with Dr. Akerman
Please check that your browser has persmission to use your microphone/camera atleast 24 hours prior to your visit to avoid missing your appointment. This can be found in the app setting for android and iphone
Make sure you have a good internet connection
Make sure you are in a quiet/private area without any significant background noise so that you will be able to speak with Dr. Akerman, and your personal information will not be overheard.
Please restart your device before the visit to reduce any background processes that may slow down your connection