Due to limited office availability and expansion of coverage for Virtual Visits, we will be offering more available time for virtual visit patients.
This is a rapidly evolving paradigm, and you should contact your insurance provider and our office to inquire regarding coverage and availability. You may contact our scheduling department directly by submitting a request on the Appointments page
Stuart Akerman, MD: Virtual Office Visits
A Virtual Office Visit may be an alternative option to meet with Dr. Akerman and is available to some patients, subject to insurance approval. Patients should contact the office to schedule a virtual visit either via the appointments tab, or by calling 972-265-3406 / 972-265-3379.
Types of visits that may be included:
***Due to COVID-19 almost all visit types are eligible for Telemedicine Visits at this time***
Follow up visits for patients located a significant distance from our Preston Office - save the travel time!
Follow up visits for patients who may require flexible scheduling due to work hours
Patients providing a clinical update after a recent office visit
Consultations for procedures in patients who are located within Texas, but are located a significant distance from our Preston Office
Pre-operative visits for patients referred from another DHAT provider, who had recently been evaluated by their referring gastroenterologist
Important Information for Virtual Visits
1. If you are using a phone, kindly restart the phone before logging in. If you are using a computer, please discontinue any programs running in the background, or completely restart the computer to discontinue any background running processes. This will allow for the best optimization of audio and video.
2. Google Chrome is the preferred browser; Safari can work as well on iOS / iPhones. If you have Chrome PLEASE MAKE SURE IT IS THE DEFAULT BROWSER
3. MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN A PRIVATE AREA WITH A STABLE INTERNET CONNECTION (for example in a room or closed office; not driving in a car, sitting in a cafe, etc)
4. Allow permissions for your browser to use your camera and microphone if prompted (VERY IMPORTANT!)
5. Be ready at your appointment to receive the text message to enter the Virtual Waiting Room and start your visit
6. Click the link in the message or you can Click Here -->
7. Enter Your Name
8. Click the button to check your Camera and Microphone connections - your photo/video should appear in the box once completed
9. Dr. Akerman will start your visit once the previous patient visit is completed
10. You may tap/click the icon with the individual picture (yourself or Dr. Akerman) for the video that you would like to maximize in screen
Please check that your browser has permission to use your microphone/camera atleast 24 hours prior to your visit to avoid missing your appointment. This can be found in the app settings for android and iphone
Make sure you have a strong/stable internet connection
Make sure you are in a quiet/private area without any significant background noise so that you will be able to speak with Dr. Akerman, and your personal information will not be overheard.
Please restart your device before the visit to reduce any background processes that may slow down your connection
If you have a wired/wireless headphone and mic (such as earpods or similar) please connect and use for your visit - this will enhance the audio connection